Sunday, 29 January 2023

Eighteen

 Had an interesting dream last night regarding the number 18, probably thanks to the trataka meditation over the Sigillum Dei.


This is what I found out about number 18:


  • The Hebrew word for life (chai) has a numeric value of 18
  • Shemoneh Esrei is a type of prayer (the name means eighteen)
  • 18 is a heptagonal number. Heptagonal numbers are numbers that are constructed by combining heptagons with ascending sizes.

Regarding the heptagonal number, if we take the following formula:

if we replace n with the number 3, we will get (5*3^2 - 3*3)/2, which is 18. Which means 18 is the third heptagonal number. A bit more interesting when we consider that Sigillum Dei commonly contains 3 heptagons.

Anyway, I need to delve deeper into the Shemoneh Esrei, I checked the first part of the prayer so far and it does seem interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Summer Solstice

What is the summer solstice The summer solstice is the time of the year when the day is the longest and the night is the shortest. It’s the ...